Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

And Did Those Feet in Ancient Times?

click on picture to enlarge.

As I walked along the bank of the Skootamata River, I saw what appeared to be a fishing weir, made by ancient peoples. I could imagine the men, with their spears catching trapped fish. There was a big rock along the side of the river and it was easy to envision people standing on the rocks watching the event unfolding.

The presence of those peoples was so immediate to me, that I decided on the spot to paint the scene.
This work is one of my favourites. I took the scene and gave it a mystical colouring and I highlighted the rocks with salmon pinks and light blue hues.

Its a small painting - 11x14 in size and one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment