Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Companions in Karina's Garden

I was at odds with myself. I am so accustomed to painting landscapes that my week in Karina's house in Oshawa left me without subject matter. When this happened, I got restless and prowled.

As I stood in Karina's garden, I had an inspirational moment which led to this work.

I was treading on new waters. I'm not at home painting still life. But, as I settled into the job, I discovered the joy of a new challenge.

This painting taught me much about bouncing light. There is an ongoing trade off of values to make it work. Then, when I was almost finished, I had a eureka moment - a flash of creative inspiration.
A quick splash of orange on the rock and among the foliage, gave the painting a delightful lift in colour.

Its a 9"x 12" work and it will find a home one day in someone's kitchen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment