Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

St. Albans Church. Reed's Beach. Barbados, 2012.





This painting is of a local church along the beach where my wife and I hang out.  We met some Canadians on the beach and one thing led to another, and before the Canadians flew back home to Thunder Bay, one of them purchased this work - unfinished.  (Brave soul that she is).

I wanted to get the picture 'right', so I worked on the sky. Mamma (my resident art critiquer), and I had a few conversations about where it was heading.  So, I suggested that she take it to the beach with her after the prospective purchaser went home, and to discuss it with another friend.

A couple of American tourists saw my wife and her friend looking at the painting and they were drawn to take a look at it.  My wife said that one of them said that she would have bought it on the spot......if it were not for the fact that they had spent all their money on the vacation and were heading home the next day.

Strange how it goes. Its either feast or famine when you're a painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment