Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peaceful Reflections and the Big Rectangle




Peaceful Reflections
16x20

I was deep into an art talk the other day, when a friend and I discussed how this work has elements of the traditional Renaissance style with the subject arranged within a rectangular form.  Take a careful look at this work.  Do you see the big rectangle in the water?  Check out the upper corner of the rectangle - where the focal point is.  Here is the uncanny thing.  I didn't plan it.  It happened without forethought.

Stroke for stroke this work took me longer to paint then any other painting of this size that I have ever done.  If I could peel off the successive layers I might be able to pull back a dozen different paintings. But, as my father used to say, long ago..."If a job is worth doing, its worth doing right."


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment