Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Along the Columbia Valley

click on picture to enlarge

This work gave me a lot of joy to paint because it was painted as a gift. And, there isn't enough money in the world that can take the place of a gift of love.

I have painted the Columbia Valley before but each time I painted it, I used the mountains as a backdrop. The perspective works in two ways in this work. There is a diminishing left right perspective. And there is also a cross valley perspective where you look with tunnel vision into the valley between the mountains.

I played with this work when I impressionistically created great circles of light. Look carefully and you can see the orbs.

I also used mountain blow downs, slopes and cuttings to lead the eye upward.

No matter which way you look at it, it was fun to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment