Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Life is a Song Worth Singing

 
Posted by Picasa


This work 'under construction' is being painted in Spillimichene, British Columbia. Mamma Bear and I had lunch at a beautiful little restaurant which overlooked the Columbia Valley. I was given permission to sit outside in the shade under the pine trees, looking out over the valley. Mamma spent the afternoon reading, while I painted.

The bonus of the afternoon came when several interested people dropped by to talk to me.
One couple who had lived in Ontario chatted amiably about their life in Ontario, and art in general. The lady asked if I enjoyed plainting plein air. She understood the language or art. Another kind observor spoke of his years in Montreal and living among the art community and knowing many of Montreal's leading artists.

It was a delightful afternoon. I told those who stopped by about 'The Portrait' art blog and when my afternoon ended the owner came out and expressed her pleasure with me painting in front of the restaurant and told me that there would be a place for my works to hang on the restaurant wall to sell.

So, taking all in all - it was a spendid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment