Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Approaching Storm: Mount Bastion - near Salmon Arm, British Columbia

click on picture to enlarge

Acrylic on panelling
9"x13"
Painted on location near Salmon Arm, BC

I sat along the shore of Lake Shuswap last weekend, working on this painting. It was painted on the back of a piece of panelling and is about 9"x13" in size. Because it was hot and dry I had to work furiously to put the work together before my paint dried. That was a challenge.
Perhaps even worse then that, the panorama began to take on a dramatic shift in appearance.
Storm clouds moved in from the west and this resulted in a constantly changing landscape.

I hurriedly put the picture in the trunk of my car and brought it home where I added a few finishing touches to it.

The approaching storm gives the work a powerful sense of drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment