Welcome to the Fredericks Art Blog

Welcome to my world of art. Painting is my joy of life.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Columbia Valley at Spillimicheen



click on picture to enlarge

Here's the end result of my afternoon in Spillimicheen. Mamma took a look at the picture and said.."You nailed the spring yellow green's nicely." To make them stand out, I painted the forest background in Prussian and phalo blues with sap greens, and a touch of lemon yellow and titanium white. Since blue is a complimentary colour to yellow it makes the yellows all the more intense. I also painted a darker sky then I usually do. This makes the white snowy mountain peaks more dominant, but most importantly it gives strength to the colours in the work.

Painted for my private collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment